A commander of the Yemeni popular committees said that his forces, supported by the army, have taken control of Qaran heights after severe clashes with the terrorists in the Eastern parts of Sana’a.
“The Yemeni fighters targeted the terrorists’ positions with Katyusha missiles and killed 35 mercenaries,” Ebrahim al-Hanash said on Monday.
Also, Ali al-Houthi, another commander of popular forces, said that they have gained control of villages in the Southeastern parts of Ma’rib province, adding that 16 mercenaries were killed and tens of others were wounded in the operations.
He also dismissed reports claiming that the terrorists have entered the Western parts of Ma’rib, stressing that they are under the Yemeni army’s fire.
Hossein al-Houthi, another commander of popular committees, said that his forces have seized regions in the Eastern and Central parts of Ta’iz province in Southern Yemen with the help of the army and the tribes residing in Eastern Yemen.
He added that the most important operation conducted by the revolutionary committees was cutting off the supply routes of the terrorists between Ta’iz and Yemen’s Southern provinces.
Hundreds of Yemeni tribal fighters have joined the army and Ansarullah forces to fight against Saudi Arabia and its allies after Riyadh’s deadly air campaign killed and wounded nearly 900 civilians in Sana’a last month.
Popular forces have also vowed a harsh response in revenge for the massacre of the Yemenis.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 12,000 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster.