“Our missiles are capable of targeting ports in other member countries of the aggressive Saudi-led coalition (than Saudi Arabia),” Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said on Wednesday.
It came after Al-Masira satellite television reported on Wednesday that Yemen’s navy had targeted a Saudi warship off Yemen’s western coast.
A Yemeni missile had hit another coalition warship earlier in the day.
The coalition’s officials acknowledged that the vessel had been hit but claimed it was an oil tanker, not a warship.
Saudi Arabia’s energy minister later said the kingdom’s oil tankers will not pass through the Bab el-Mandeb Strait for the time being.
Yemeni attacks against coalition warships and forces come in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the alliance.
Saudi Arabia has been leading a deadly campaign against Yemen from the air, land, and sea since March 2015 in an attempt to reinstate former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh, and to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement.
Over the past three years, the Houthis have been running state affairs and defending Yemeni people against the Saudi aggression.
The aggression has killed over 14,000 people and taken a heavy toll on the country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories. The offensive has, however, achieved none of its goals.