At least six more civilians have lost their lives in two separate Saudi aerial attacks against residential neighborhoods in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ta’izz.
Saudi warplanes bombed a number of houses in the Mawiyah district south of Sana’a on Saturday, leaving a woman and her three daughters dead, Arabic-language al-Masirah television reported.
Two more civilians were killed and three others injured when Saudi jets struck the Dhubab district of the same Yemeni province.
The deaths came a day after Yemen’s army snipers fatally shot nine Saudi soldiers in Midi in the Hajjah province. The district lies on the border with Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Jizan region.
Yemeni forces also killed two other Saudi soldiers in the Math’an area of Jizan.
Some regional reports also said more than 100 Saudi-backed militiamen had been killed, and 150 others injured in a ballistic missile attack in the central province of Ma’rib. The claim cannot independently be verified.
The deaths reportedly came when Yemeni soldiers fired an OTR-21 Tochka ballistic missile at the Mass military camp in the al-Jada’an district of Ma’rib.
The report said eight officers from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and nationals from other Arab countries were among those killed. Scores of vehicles belonging to the militiamen and a sizable cache of munitions were destroyed.
Almost 8,300 people, among them 2,236 children, have been killed and 16,015 others injured since March 2015. Saudi strikes have also taken a heavy toll on the Yemeni infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.