Two US troops and one civilian contractor have been killed in separate bomb attacks in Afghanistan.
On Friday, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said one soldier had been killed in a bomb explosion in the south, adding that another soldier and a civilian contractor lost their lives in an attack in the east of the war-torn country, DPA reported.
With the latest incidents, the death toll for international soldiers serving in Afghanistan rose to 470 for the year. More than half of the mortalities have been US troops.
On Friday, ISAF also said its forces had ‘mistakenly’ killed an Afghan woman during an attack on a militant hideout in the eastern province of Zabul.
DPA also spoke to Lal Mohammad Omarzai, the governor of Herat province’s Shindand district, on Saturday.
Omarzai said the US-led occupation forces had killed three civilian members of one family and injured three children.
However, ISAF claimed, “The security force protected several women and children present in the compounds, and no civilians were harmed during the operation.”