The sources said that tens of the civilians that had been kidnapped by Jeish al-Islam in Eastern Ghouta in the last few years were released last night and transferred on two buses to the army-controlled regions via al-Wafedeen safe corridor.
In the meantime, other sources said that the total number of people that were in Jeish al-Islam’s jails did not exceed 200, but the Saudi-backed terrorists had pretended to have thousands of civilians in their jails to use the fake figures as a bargaining chip in negotiations with the Syrian army.
They further confirmed reports on the release of all abducted civilians that are alive, adding that bodies of the dead prisoners will be delivered to the government forces soon.
Meatime, army sources confirmed that a sum of 3,395 militants and their family members later left Douma for Jarabulus in Northeastern Aleppo on 65 buses via the Damascus-Homs highway.
They further mentioned that 1,281 of the said number were militants of Jeish al-Islam.
Reports said that the first group of civilians who had been kidnapped by Jeish al-Islam in Douma left the town for Damascus via al-Wafedeen safe corridor on Sunday afternoon.
The freed civilians were mainly children and women.
Most of the released civilians were kidnapped and transferred to Douma by the terrorists in 2013 when they occupied the town of Adra al-Omaliyah.
A large number of civilians were massacred by terrorists in Adra al-Omaliyah at the time.
Syrian Reconciliation Minister Ali Heidar had announced that over 5,000 people were in Jeish al-Islam’s jails.
Also, seven buses transferred a number of Jeish al-Islam militants and their family members from Douma to the town on Jarabulus in Northeastern Aleppo.
The Russian Defense Ministry said that 8,000 Jeish al-Islam militants and 40,000 of their family members are to leave Douma for other militant-held regions based on the newly-concluded agreement.