“The support rendered by the highest-ranking official of the US regime along with a number of governments and arrogant powers’ media, including the BBC, to the rioters indicates that the US has plotted to foment a new sedition in Iran but it will bring nothing but humility and failure for the enemies of the Islamic Revolution,” General Jazzayeri said.
He warned that Iran will use its right to reciprocate the enemies’ hostile moves in a way that they will regret their deeds.
The Iranian foreign ministry had also on Saturday strongly deplored the recent comments by Trump and State Department Spokeswoman Heather Nauert in support of the recent economic protests in Iran, describing them as “cheap, worthless and invalid”.
“The Iranian people feel no value for the opportunistic claims of the US officials and Mr. Trump, himself,” Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said.
“Certainly, the great Iranian nation has closely pursued Mr. Trump’s active partnership in violating the Palestinian, Yemeni and Bahraini people’s human rights” and remember his hostile approach towards Iranians’ visit to the US, he added.
“The US officials are not in a position to show sympathy with the great and wise Iranian nation,” Qassemi said.
Trump and Nauert had tweeted in support of the recent economic protests in a number of Iranian towns.
Trump has refused to re-certify a 2015 deal between Tehran and world powers that curbed Iran’s disputed nuclear program in return for a lifting of most international sanctions. Washington has so far violated the deal with regard to its undertakings.
The mainstream media in the West has given a wide coverage to the Friday economic protests in a few Iranian towns that each comprised of a few hundred protesters, but none has covered the massive pro-government rallies held in more than 1,200 cities and towns on Saturday.