In separate phone calls with Hamas Political Bureau Chief Ismail Haniyeh and Secretary-General of the Islamic Jihad Movement of Palestine Ziad al-Nakhala on Sunday, Brigadier General Esmaeil Qa’ani reiterated the Islamic Republic’s unwavering support for Palestinians and their campaign against the US plan.
“The shameful deal of the century plan was born dead and, like previous schemes for compromise, it is doomed to failure,” the Iranian commander stated.
“The American statesmen are only seeking to please the Zionist criminals, and to that end, they will resort to any crime and treachery,” he said.
On Tuesday night, US President Donald Trump unveiled his long-delayed Middle East plan, a proposal Palestinian leaders called a “conspiracy” that “will not pass”.
Following Trump’s announcement, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said “a thousand no’s” to the plan.
The American plan has sparked widespread international condemnation.
The deal of century ploy, fronted by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, had already been rejected by the Palestinians, who say the White House’s policies have been blatantly biased in favor of Israel.
Palestinians have cut off all contacts with the Trump administration since the US president broke with decades of bipartisan policy to recognize Jerusalem al-Quds as the capital of Israel in December 2017.
In June 2018, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei reiterated the need for a referendum among “true Palestinians of all faiths,” being Muslims, Christians or Jews, adding that such a move would lead to the establishment of the Palestinian government.
Ayatollah Khamenei said the referendum and the subsequent formation of such a governing system would eventually translate into the destruction of the “bogus regime” of Israel in the not-too-distant future.