Hizbullah said that the tragedy of absenting the great leader Imam Musa al-Sadr and his two companions Sheikh Mohamad Yacoub and Sayyed Abbas Badr al-Din is a big national tragedy, as it issued in a statement on Friday.
In a statement issued on Friday, Hizbullah highlighted that the August 31 incident marks the most painful dates in the history of our country and our nation.
The statement read: “Imam Musa al-Sadr is the imam of the resistance, the imam of dialogue, openness and moderation; and amid the circumstances prevailing in our nation, we remember his critical positions on the conflict with the continuing Zionist aggression on our nation.”
“We also remember his talk with all social, religious and political parties in our region amid the takfiri and terrorist attack aimed at everyone,” it added.
Moreover, Hizbullah stressed that the successive Libyan governments which have done nothing so far – since the revolution of 2011 – bear the responsibility for this crime.
“Arab and international communities are partners in crime to hide Imam Sadr for not bearing the responsibility for working to release the Imam and his companions,” it said.
The statement added: “On this day, Hizbullah confirms keenness to keep this issue at the top of priorities, and stresses the need to exert all possible efforts in order to reach the happy conclusion.”
Hizbullah also emphasized that, “The path, approach and ideas of Imam Sadr will remain the lighthouse that lights our way to face threats that target our nation, especially the growing Zionist danger, the danger posed by the takfiri trend and terrorism, as well as by the deprivation which Imam Sadr considered one of the greatest threats to our people and our nation.”