The ministry made the remarks in a string of Tweets on Monday, which marks the national day for Dialogue and Constructive Engagement with the World.
“Since its foundation, the Islamic Republic of Iran has been developing cordial, balanced relationship with the world and settling challenges through dialogues based on mutual respect.”
Iran’s interest in the promotion of dialogue with all countries on critical issues demonstrates the country’s “seriousness, pragmatism on bringing peace & stability to the world,” the tweets read.
Pointing to the landmark nuclear deal clinched by Iran and world powers back in 2015, which is officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the Iranian Foreign Ministry said it was “the product of Iran’s openness to engagement.”
Elsewhere in the tweets, Tehran censured the administration of US President Donald Trump for unilaterally withdrawing from the multilateral nuclear accord, noting that Washington’s measure “wreaked havoc on this multilateral accomplishment.”
The US reinstated illegal sanctions against Tehran in 2018 after leaving the 2015 landmark nuclear agreement between Iran and major world powers.
Ever since quitting the deal, Washington has been trying to scare other countries of the world into abiding by its coercive measures, warning they would face punitive action if they failed to do so.
Under Washington’s pressure, the three European signatories to the JCPOA – France, Britain and Germany – have so far failed to fulfill their contractual obligation to protect Tehran’s business interests against the sanctions.
In response, Iran began last May to gradually reduce its commitments as part of its legal rights under the JCPOA to both retaliate Washington’s departure and prompt the European trio to respect their obligations towards Tehran.
Despite Washington’s withdrawal from the JCPOA, the Foreign Ministry’s tweets read, Iran still “remains committed to diplomatic engagement, as it’s been & will be a trusted partner to its neighbors & beyond.”
It added that Iran has so far spared no effort to promote peace and stability in the region, saying that the country “has long proposed several inclusive peace plans in MidEast; the latest one is #HOPE. Always believe in dialogue.”
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani presented the initiative — known as Hormuz Peace Endeavor (HOPE) — while delivering a speech at his UN General Assembly meeting in New York on September 25, 2019, inviting all regional countries to participate in it.
Iran’s initiative comes as the US has been trying to persuade its allies into a maritime coalition purportedly seeking to boost security in the Persian Gulf, after it blamed Tehran for two separate attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman in May and June last year, without providing any credible evidence to back up the allegation, which Iran has categorically rejected.
Tehran has repeatedly said outsiders are not only incapable of safeguarding the region, but will fuel tensions there. Iran believes it is the countries of the very region which can ensure peace there.