According to Brigadier General Yahya Saree, Yemeni forces foiled the Saudi-led attack on Baqim District, killing 90 mercenaries and injuring at least 100 others.
He said the Yemeni forces also cleansed Naseh heights from Saudi mercenaries.
On Sunday, Saree said Yemeni fighters had killed at least 20 Saudi soldiers in a retaliatory attack as the Riyadh regime’s deadly war against the impoverished southern neighbor entered the fifth year.
The attack by the Yemeni army and Popular Committees targeted two military bases in the southern Saudi town of Jizan, he said.
Dozens of Saudi mercenaries have been killed in a spate of bomb attacks carried out by Yemeni army soldiers and their allies in Saudi Arabia’s border regions.
Later on Monday in Najran region located 844 kilometers south of the Saudi capital Riyadh, several Saudi-paid militiamen were killed in a Yemeni attack on their positions.
Yemeni soldiers and their soldiers infiltrated militia-controlled areas on the outskirts of al-Sadis military base, setting off several bombs.
Separately, Yemeni forces launched a barrage of artillery rounds at the gathering of Saudi forces in the kingdom’s Asir region.
Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating campaign against Yemen on March 26, 2015, with the goal of bringing the government of former Yemeni president Mansur Hadi back to power and crushing Ansarullah.
On the fourth anniversary of the war, millions of Yemenis took to the streets of the capital, Sana’a, and other major cities on Monday to mark the anniversary of the Saudi aggression.
The demonstrators carried placards and Yemeni national flags, chanting slogans against Saudi Arabia, Israel and the US, which have been providing military support to the invasion.
The offensive initially consisted of a bombing campaign, but was later coupled with a naval blockade and the deployment of ground forces into Yemen.
According to a report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.