Three Iranian nationals, who had been kidnapped by U.S, Zionist Israel-backed armed groups in May 2012, returned to their families after they were freed in a Syrian army operation.
Informed source in the Iranian Embassy in Damascus told the Islamic republic news agency that three Iranian truck drivers have been freed during a Syrian Army operation against the insurgents.
The truck drivers, identified as Morteza Adeli, Hossein Alinejad, and Ismail Mohammad Zeinali, were kidnapped on May 21 in Syria after entering into the Arab country via its border with Turkey. They were carrying equipment for a refinery in the city of Homs.
Meantime, Iran says it is using all diplomatic, political and security means to release the 48 Iranian pilgrims kidnapped in Syria earlier in August.
On August 4, armed insurgents in Syria kidnapped 48 Iranian pilgrims who were traveling on a bus from Damascus International Airport to the shrine of Hazrat Zainab (AS) on the outskirts of Damascus.
Later, unconfirmed media reports said three of them have been killed, but Iran rejected the reports saying that all of them are alive.
In similar remarks late in August, Chairman of the Iranian parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi said at a press conference in Damascus that the Iranian pilgrims kidnapped in Syria are reportedly in good health.
Meantime, Iran is using all diplomatic, political and security means to release the 48 Iranian pilgrims.
Ever since the abductions took place, the Foreign Ministry and the Iranian embassy in Damascus have been pursuing the fate and release of the kidnapped Iranian nationals through different channels.