In a month, the Navy has tested all of nearly 5,000 sailors. Some 4,098 have been tested negative for the COVID-16. A “small number” of results are still pending, the Navy said in a press release on Friday.
At least 88 sailors have recovered, up from the 63 reported on Thursday.
A total of 4,234 sailors have move from the ship to housing on Naval Base Guam and into hotels in Tamuning and Tumon, the Navy reported.
There were four sailors at the US Naval Hospital and none in the ICU on Friday.
One sailor from the Roosevelt died after testing positive for the virus since the ship pulled into Guam on March 27.
The coronavirus outbreak aboard the Roosevelt became public following the ship’s former commander, Capt. Brett Crozier, implored the Navy for help with the epidemic.
Crozier was fired following the leakage of his by then-acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly. He also later on resigned himself.
In the letter, Crozier asked for permission to offload all but 10 percent of the ship’s nearly 5,000-person crew.
The Navy said it conducted an investigation into the situation on the Roosevelt.
“My understanding is the Navy completed its investigation last week. They’re coming to see me today, tomorrow, I believe, or the next day, and they will back-brief me on their findings, their recommendations,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday night on Fox News.
“I’m sure the Navy is going to make the right recommendations, and I will have to assess those, and we’ll move forward from there,” he added.