Iranian Army’s Lieutenant Commander Brigadier General Abdolrahim Mousavi warned against continued threats posed to the Islamic Republic by hegemonic powers, and said Tehran needs no permission for strengthening its military capabilities against such threats.
“Threats against the sacred establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran are widespread and exist in all areas,” General Mousavi said, addressing a conference in the central city of Qom on Friday.
According to Tasnim news agency, he further slammed arrogant powers, the US in particular, for their continued hostilities toward Iran, saying the US uses every opportunity to intrude into the country and harm the Islamic establishment in terms of various political, cultural, economic and military fields.
The commander also hailed the Iranian Armed Forces as “strong citadels” against threats, saying, “in order to increase our defense capabilities, we do not need permission from anybody.”
Earlier in March, ballistic missile tests by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) were followed by hue and cry in the West.
In a speech later in the month, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei underscored the need for boosting Iran’s defense capabilities, warning that enemies are making use of every tool available to undermine the Islamic Republic.