IranMiddle EastNorth America

No Iranian drone has been shot down by US forces, aircraft flew over Persian Gulf for hours

The chief commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has roundly dismissed American officials’ claims that US forces may have downed more than one Iranian drone over the Persian Gulf last week, emphasizing that the Islamic Republic has not lost any unmanned aerial vehicle.

“I, hereby, announce officially that no drone belonging to the Islamic Republic of Iran has been shot down,” Major General Hossein Salami told reporters in the western Iranian city of Khorramabad on Wednesday afternoon.

He went on to say that an Iranian drone was on a reconnaissance mission in the skies over Persian Gulf water for three hours and 40 minutes, underlining that the aircraft sent images and videos of regional and trans-regional vessels – some of which were broadcast to enlighten the Iranian and world public opinions.

“We’re confident we brought down one drone; we may have brought down a second,” CENTCOM Commander Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said on Tuesday, while failing to procure any evidence for bringing down the first one despite claiming to be in possession of its footage.

McKenzie’s comments stepped up Washington’s baseless claims for which it has released no footage so far.

Back to top button