The terrorists’ fierce attacks to capture the government forces’ positions at a safe corridor specified for civilians evacuation from Eastern Ghouta of Damascus was warded off by the strong defense of the Syrian military men.
Meantime, the Syrian army continued its military advances in other parts of Syria over past 24 hours.
Tens of terrorists were killed and dozens more were injured during the Syrian army’s operations in provinces across Syria.
The Syrian army warded off three terrorist attacks on their positions at a safe corridor specified for civilians evacuation from Eastern Ghouta of Damascus in the third day of the humanitarian ceasefire declared in the region.
Major General Vladimir Zolotukhin, a spokesman for the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, said on Thursday that the terrorists attacked the humanitarian corridor in al-Wafedin camp from the three regions of Eastern Harasta, Western al-Rayhanah and Northern al-Shoufaniyeh on the third day of ceasefire in Eastern Ghouta.
He added that the Syrian army forces have repulsed all attacks.
In a relevant development earlier on Thursday, the Syrian army launched a nightly raid on the Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at or the Levant Liberation Board) in Eastern Ghouta of Damascus, capturing one of the most important and longest tunnels used by the terrorists.
Field sources reported that the army forces killed and wounded tens of terrorists during military operations in Eastern Ghouta which led to the liberation of Hawsh al-Zawaherah and the nearby areas after the end of the daily ceasefire.
They added that the Syrian army soldiers won control of several key tunnels used by the terrorists, including a 7-km-long multi-storey tunnel from al-Rayhan farms in the North to Hazarma in the South.
According to the sources, the army troops could also cleanse over 5sq/km of lands in Eastern Ghouta from terrorists during the operations to liberate the town of Hawsh al-Zawaherah.
The Turkish army sent special forces to its borders with Syria in line with Ankara’s attempts to intensify Operation Olive Branch against the Kurds in Afrin.
The Arabic website of Anadolu news agency reported that a new convoy of gendarmes and the Turkish police special forces has been dispatched to Hatay region, bordering Syria.
It added that the forces were sent to the borders to participate in Operation Olive Branch against the Kurds in Afrin.
Meantime, field sources affiliated to Ankara-backed militants referred to the special forces’ mission in the second phase of Operation Olive Branch in Afrin, and said the operation would start soon.
Turkey had on Monday sent a number of other police troops and gendarmes to Afrin.
Over 2,100 militants of Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at were killed and wounded in infighting and clashes in Hama, Idlib and Aleppo provinces in the past month.
Field sources in Southern Idlib said on Thursday that a number of Tahrir al-Sham and Syria’s Tahrir Front members were killed during heavy infighting in the town of Mar’ayan and Ahsam.
Also, reports in Northern Idlib said that Tahrir al-Sham militants have gained control of the towns of Atmah and Salah as well as the villages of Aqirabat, Deir Hissan, Qah and Kafr Lousin and Kafr Lousin corridor in the region after heavy clashes with Syria’s Tahrir Front.
Sources affiliated to Tahrir al-Sham reported that they have lost 783 militants during the recent clashes in Aleppo, Idlib and Hama provinces, and sustained 1,329 of injuries.
The Syrian army has also launched several military operations in the three provinces against Tahrir al-Sham and other terrorist groups.