LebanonNorth AmericaPalestine

‘Drone Israel downed probably American’

A former Lebanese general says the drone the Israeli army claims to have shot down near the Mediterranean Sea was probably operated by Americans, Press TV reports.

“[The drone must have come] from an American aircraft carrier or from [air force and military bases in] Saudi Arabia, also American bases. That’s the only possibility so far until we know after investigation,” said retired Lebanese major general Hisham Jaber in an interview with Press TV on Saturday.

The Israeli military said in a statement on Saturday that the unidentified unmanned aerial vehicle was “intercepted… at approximately 10 a.m. (0700 GMT).”

The statement added that Israeli soldiers are currently searching the area where the drone was downed, the open areas in northern Negev desert, to locate and identify it.

Jaber maintained that although the Tel Aviv regime might accuse an Arab state, it was unlikely that the drone belonged to an Arab country.

Considering the good relationship between the Israeli regime and Jordan, the analyst went on to say that he did not think the drone could have been operated from Jordan, adding that it is “impossible” that the drone came from Lebanon.

In recent years, Israel’s own drones have also crashed in and around Palestine.

“If Israel after investigation will remain silent and will close the file that means like we said it came from friendly side (mistakenly sent by the Americans) and it is not in their interest to talk about it,” Jaber concluded.

Back to top button
Close